MARY CARLISLE MEADORS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Baton Rouge Sigma Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated awards the annual Mary Carlisle Meadors Memorial Scholarship to a female high school graduate who meets the qualifications set forth by the Scholarship Committee. The recipient must be a student attending Southern University Laboratory School, East Baton Rouge Parish public schools, or Central school district. The student must attend Southern University-Baton Rouge campus on a full-time basis.
The scholarship is a four-year award at $1,000.00 per semester. The following criteria will be
considered in awarding the scholarship:
(1) Cumulative grade point average (GPA) – 2.5 or higher
(2) Official ACT score
(3) Official transcript
(4) Participation in school and community organizations
(5) Honors and awards
(7) Letter of recommendation on official school letterhead (high school teacher or counselor)
(8) Financial need
The applicant is requested to:
(1) Type or clearly print all information on the application.
(2) Attach a copy of official high school transcript and ACT score
(3) Attach typewritten essay on “What a College Education Means to Me”
(4) Enclose a letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, or counselor from your school
(must be on official school letterhead)
(5) Attach a copy of 2019 IRS 1040 tax form(s) for the entire household
(6) Include a recent color photo.
Deadline extended to April 15, 2022:
Mary Carlisle Meadors Memorial Scholarship
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Baton Rouge Sigma Alumnae
P.O. Box 74066, Baton Rouge LA 70874-4066